Copyright © 2013 Imminent Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Usage of this site constitutes acceptance of our. Vestibulum | Sed vulputate
Fast track basics of what, why, how, and who.
Since 1994, our customers (including the Department of Defense with thousands of users) have enjoyed the simplicity and affordability IMS offers. You, too, can experience this simple-to-use database and our top notch support.
Document imaging is increasing in popularity with small and large organizations across the world. Many laws have come into play regarding imaged paper and electronic files. Imaged documents are now being accepted as a legal document, which allows even government agencies to either destroy the original document or send it to an off-site storage.
We find great pleasure in helping offices improve!
- Must have ability to print, view, or export documents/information
- Must have an intelligent indexing system for tracking records
- Must have ability to preserve and protect information to keep it from being altered by storing it on CD, TAPE, DVD, or WORM
- Must have integrity, reliability, accuracy, and security controls to prevent unauthorized viewers
- Must have audit trail to prevent and detect unauthorized alterations or deletion of records
- Must have reasonable controls to prevent and detect deterioration of records, ultimately, with the ability to completely and accurately transfer records
- Must have documentation of how the software works and how it has been set up, with cross-reference to other record-keeping systems and software
- Must preserve the original integrity of a document or file. Annotations, stamps, redactions, or text placed on a document should only be images as an overlay on top of the document not imbedded into the document to be permanent. These images or overlays should allow for removal if needed. Any permanent changes should cause for duplicating a document as a new version.
Note: Each organization should examine there own acceptable risks and practices, possibly consulting an attorney on the specific statues governing their own industry and geographical area, in reference to the legality of imaged documents and files.
Here are a few points to consider when choosing a document management system:
What legal implication can a DMS resolve?
We offer a multitude of information to help you make a decision, let us know if you can’t find what your looking for.
Illustrate how it works
An ROI (return on investment) can be realized within only a few months in some cases and up to a year in others. Let us help you determine a realistic ROI for your unique office.
Sometimes pictures can illustrate better than words what we are trying to accomplish.
Looking for a more technical explanation of what a Document Management System is?
As a document and a content management system continues to become more popular, they have become a must have in some fields especially those in very litigious environments.