We offer a multitude of information to help you make a decision, let us know if you can’t find what your looking for.
There are a multitude of benefits to justify a Document Management System. Click here to see which ones resonate most with you.
Technology has made scanning paper documents easier these days. There are serious limitations to consider if planning to only scan to a PC or server, rather than an actual database.
Looking for a more technical explanation of what a Document Management System is?
As a document management and a content management system continues to become more popular, they have become a must have in some fields especially those in very litigious environments.
Check out this easy to understand illustration of how a Document Management System works.
Copyright © 2013 Imminent Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Usage of this site constitutes acceptance of our. Vestibulum | Sed vulputate
Fast track basics of what, why, how, and who.
Since 1994, our customers (including the Department of Defense with thousands of users) have enjoyed the simplicity and affordability IMS offers. You, too, can experience this simple-to-use database and our top notch support.
Sharing information becomes more efficient and faster when retrieving printed material. Information that typically absorbs staff and administrative time could be greatly reduced by allowing students access to information via the web. Materials are initially located through searches for document types ranging from selective readings, notes, exams or course syllabi. From there, students can find materials by course or document title, instructor name, department, or course number.
College & University
College & University
- Automate processes to drastically reduce staff time when sorting & indexing student records
- Transferring information on disc or paper can be greatly reduced and limit risk of confidentiality issues
- Coordinating access to admission files can delay committee deliberations if not sharing digitally through IMS
- Respond immediately to parents and students when accessing records to improve response times and satisfaction
Benefits to Admissions
Providing information in a timely manner to counselors, advisors, financial aid officers, and admissions staff across a multi-campus college, especially during registration, can be greatly effective in providing information within seconds to all departments simultaneously. If microfilm is still being used, IMS will allow for faster retrieval, full text OCR search, annotate records, block out confidential information, and most importantly add files or redact documents. Registration, admissions, advising, and counseling staff is able to retrieve documents as part of a permanent file, including: state residency forms, applications, college and/or high school transcripts, letters of recommendation, and add/drop slips.
- Business records
- Student and personnel records
- Admissions and development files
Typical Types of Information:
Benefits to Students:
- 24-HOUR access to information via web
- Run full text OCR search throughout entire database
- Track & view information concerning a course syllabus, lecture notes, or even selected readings
- Reduce need to physically be present in library or on campus to view or make copies of information
- Less need to utilize library copier at an average of $.10 per copy or average document costing around $2.50
- Reduce printing/copy costs by either viewing or saving to student’s personal computer or printing on personal printer
Benefits to Library:
- Internal full text OCR search capability
- Conserve library department’s time and resources
- Perform powerful full-text search and queries adding great value to students and faculty
- Protect and preserve valuable historical archives, official museum collections and documents, rare books, manuscripts, and photographs